6 Interesting Facts about Artie Shaw
1. Artie Shaw was born in New York City in 1910, and grew up in Haven, Connecticut.
2. Shaw learned to play the sax and clarinet at a young age, and started performing professionally while still a teenager.
3. He had a successful career as a bandleader, recording artist, and actor in the 1930s and 1940s.
4. Shaw was known for his virtuosic playing style and his innovative arrangements.
5. He also became known for his controversial personal life, which included eight marriages, three of which were to famous actresses.
6. Shaw’s music has remained popular after his death in 2004, and he is now considered one of the most important figures in American jazz history.